If your kids are anything like mine and you find yourself with numerous apples rejected after 1 bite this is an easy way to mix it up and make use of the left over apples!
This recipe contains wheat and egg.
- You can swap egg for flax eggs.
- You can the flour for almond meal but be mindful this is also an allergen food.
A we have said before, each bub is different in terms of their development when it comes to eating, so it can be hard to put a specific age range on a recipe. This recipe is suitable as a finger food from 7+months but you might want to add some moisture by dipping it into yogurt, milk, water or another puree to soften the fritter a little more.
Apple Breakfast Fritters
- 1 apple
- 1 egg
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- 2 tbsp wholemeal self raising flour
- 1 tsp brown sugar (optional for older kids - would recommend leaving out for under 2's)
- Grate your apple
- Add egg, cinnamon, flour and sugar.
- Whisk together with a fork.
- Heat a saucepan over medium - low heat and spray with olive oil spray.
- Pour batter into pan in desired size. (This recipe makes roughly 3 fritters so double / triple it depending on your needs.
- Fry until golden brown (approx 2 mins) flip and repeat on the other side.
- Serve with greek yogurt or ricotta and your choice of berries and toppings.