It can be hard to think of new, interesting, flavoursome and nutritious puree ideas for your bub. We get it. It can be challenging enough to remember to brush your teeth before midday with a little one keeping you on your toes all day!
We love this apple pie flavour combo and we have packed it with ingredients from lots of food groups to help make it a much more balanced puree than your old school apple sauce. We have also included prunes, which can really help get your little one’s bowels going. Prunes are great to include if bub is finding it a little bit harder to get things moving since starting solids.
Apple Pie Baby Mash or Purée
- 1 x apple peeled and diced
- 1/3 of a cup of yogurt
- ¼ of a cup of oats
- ½ a tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbs of nut meal or nut butter
- 4 x prunes soaked in boiling water and mashed
What to do
- Take your prepared apple cook it until super soft.
- Mash your apple into puree.
- Mix in the rest of your ingredients and either puree in a blender or fork mash.
- You can portion and freeze what you do not need.
- This also makes a great dipping sauce for steamed veggies, a spread on toast or mixed through porridge.