This is a really easy one tray recipe, where you literally mix all of the ingredients in the same dish you bake it in- what a win with less washing up. We love this recipe because it is full of eggs and yogurt so it is packed full of protein, important fats. It also contains vitamins and minerals like choline, vitamin D, calcium and B12 to name a few.
This is also a dish that is suitable from 6 months old, just modify the blueberries before baking to ensure they aren’t a choking risk. Great as a brekky recipe you can make ahead of time and keep in the fridge for a few days.
This dish is not very sweet (and if you use a Greek yogurt can be tart) so if you want to add a little sweetness for older kids or adults drizzle with maple syrup before serving.
Suitable: From 6+ months
Modifications: for little people younger than 12 months we would suggest you mash and stir the blueberries through.
Allergens: wheat, dairy (yogurt) and eggs. Unfortunately, these are both crucial ingredients to the dish and cannot be substituted for alternatives if you have allergies or have not introduced them yet.
Blueberry and Custard Slice
Cook and Prep Time
- 10 minutes to put together
- 40 minutes to cook
- 4 eggs
- 500g yogurt
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ½ cup of frozen blueberries (mash for little bubs)
- 1 very ripe banana mashed
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees
- Mix all of your ingredients in a baking dish except the blueberries
- Sprinkle the blueberries over the top
- Bake for 40 minutes until firm and knife comes out clean
- Allow to cool before slicing and serving
- Keep stored in the fridge for 3 days