If you haven’t read our article on hemp seeds, then do yourself a favour and pop over to read it and learn all about the nutrition powerhouse that is the humble hemp seed! Filled with protein, omega 3 and 6, fibre and antioxidants it is a great little addition to your bub’s diet.
This hemp pesto packs a punch by using a lot of seeds to really boost the nutrition. With fresh basil, garlic and lemon juice bringing the flavour, this freezer friendly (and dairy free!) little pesto recipe is a winner.
Hemp Seed Pesto
½ a cup of hemp seeds
1 tsp of minced garlic
1 cup of spinach (frozen is fine)
1 cup of fresh basil leaves
2 tbs lemon juice
1 tsp lemon rind
¼ cup of olive oil
1 tsp Dijon mustard
2 tbs water
What to do:
Pop it all in the food processor and blitz!
- Mixed through pasta! Make it creamy but adding a little milk or yogurt too and add some roasted cherry tomatoes for a pop of citrus
- Spread it on toast and add some avocado
- Sauce for veggies (great through roast potatoes too!)
- Add it to egg to make a pesto omelette
- Perfect for a savoury muffin recipe