This is a super quick and easy recipe where you simply throw everything into the food processor before baking for about 20 minutes. A great on the go snack that also freezes really well. Filled with fibre and energy dense, these make a great addition to a meal as well a good vehicle for dips, yogurt or spreads!
Super Easy Peanut Butter Baby Bars
- 1.5 cup of quick oats
- ½ cup of desiccated or shredded coconut
- ½ cup of puree apple (can also use pumpkin, sweet potato or banana)
- ¼ cup of flour
- 3 tbs peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground ginger (optional)
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbs chia seeds
- 6 tablespoons of water
Optional: You could also add diced prunes or chia jam through these before baking.
- Preheat your oven to 160 degrees Celsius and line a brownie tin with baking paper
- Pop everything but ½ a cup of the oats into the food processor and blend. If it is a little thick (we are aiming for a cookie dough type texture, then add in some more water). Mix in the last cup of oats with a spoon; doing this gives it a little more texture than just blending it all together.
- Spread your mix into your tray and then press it down with the back of a spoon. Sprinkle with coconut and oats before baking for 20-30 minutes. Slice while still warm and then allow to cool.