Why do we love a meatball? They are so easy for little bubs to pick up and feed themselves but also mash easily if they aren’t up to feeding themselves yet. Mincemeat is also a really affordable way to get meat into your family (hello protein and iron). It cooks quickly and is super versatile.
Age and modifications: From 6 months.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
Allergens: Wheat (can swap to almond meal).
This recipe is one that freezes well too, so you could double it and freeze half for the freezer stash.
- 500g pork mince
- 100g pear puree
- ½ brown onion diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 1 flax egg (could use egg if not egg free)
- Olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 200C and line 2 baking sheets with baking paper
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl and mix until well combined.
- Roll the mixture into balls and place on prepared trays. Spay with olive oil spray.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until browned and cooked through.
- Steamed or grilled broccoli or green beans with a drizzle of olive oil and a squeeze of lemon
- Greek yogurt mixed with 1 tsp of tahini and some lemon juice